Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday Wildlife Fact or Fiction

When we first moved to the northern woods of Minnesota, I would sit on our deck and enjoy the warm summer days.


 As I enjoyed the beautiful views like the one above, I heard a noise, at first I thought it was my son in the house bouncing a super-ball. It would go thunk, thunk and slowly build up speed. I spent a lot of time pondering what the sound was and where it was coming from.
I asked my husband what the noise was and he told me, I didn't believe him. I had to look it up on the internet.
Here is the what was making my mysterious noise.

I hear them often in the spring and early summer. I have only seen them twice. 

On a different note isn't the voice on the video scary?  That's the voice I expect to hear on the other end of the phone line asking "are you alone?"

 





No comments: