Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday Wildlife: Poor Baby

I am not sure what type of bird this is, possibly a warbler. Maybe someone can fill me in. Anyhow the story on how I came to hold the poor thing, I was sitting on my couch trying to get more things listed in my Bonanza booth but failing miserably. I was crying and I suppose feeling sorry for myself. In less than a week Alyssa should be graduating from high school. It hurts that we are not crying because another of our babies is grown and trying to figure out how we go so far, seemingly so fast.
I heard a thud and saw this poor thing had hit the window and was laying on his back. It took about 5 minutes before he/she finally flew out of my hand. So I am hoping the bird is okay and only stunned.
It reminded me for a moment that I am still alive and apparently still have things to do.
On the funny side... later that day Devin was saying something and I covered his mouth and he licked my hand. So I showed him this picture and told him the bird pooped in my hand.
What? I thought it was funny. 

No comments: