Friday, June 3, 2011

Super Easy Summer Dessert And Stuff

 Yesterday I felt like I was in slow motion all day. I went and picked up Roxy. The vet's orders to keep her calm and not let her jump around is almost impossible. She sits and bites Copper's feet to get him going so then the play is on. We had to put Roxy in Devin's room with Devin to keep them apart so stitches remain put.
The whole thing makes me queasy, I have little stomach for wounds, I generally do the fainting routine, to the great amusement of my family. When Brian was going through paramedic training he would show me pictures. The only time he amused me was when he started coming home and holding my hand. It wasn't any romantic gesture. He was looking at the veins on the back of my hands. I told my in-laws after umpteen years of being married he's looking at me in a whole new way.

So now that I have that out of my system, here's a easy and tasty recipe:
I had a piece. It was good!



Mix up some instant vanilla pudding. When it's set, add a tub of cool whip.
 Cut up an angel food cake (I use store bought, that's why it's super easy!)
Place the angel food in a 13 x 9 pan. Cover with the vanilla and cool whip mix.
Then add a can of raspberry pie filling over the top. Of course if you like something like strawberries or cherries that would probably be good too.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments: