Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why?

I don't have any wildlife photos today. I have been going around in my head about things going on in my area. Because we live in rural MN the nearest town is 2 miles away and has a small grocery store, Post Office, Bar, and the Combo bait/cafe/gas station, Pop. about 770.  The next largest town, where my son goes to school, is 10 miles away and has a Pop. of about 3300. So when I say my local area the news runs in a wide circle about 50 miles in any direction, give or take.

Last week there were 2 couples that became a statistic. Murder-Suicide. It is unbelievable to me that this happens. I suppose because I have never been in a do or die relationship, while I love my husband, I don't believe that we can't live without each other. I could keep on going with the wondering but I think that sometimes in life there is no answer to the "Why?"

That question is always brought home to me. Through design or not. How did I get here? What decision did I make that put me here. What could I have done differently? If I did it differently where would I be? And the one it all comes down to... Would Alyssa still be here?

I don't believe that we can stop asking why or searching for answers. Human nature demands we search and try to find them. It is the only way to fix the broken. 

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
Ernest Hemingway  A Farewell to Arms, 1929


Sorry not so light today!

No comments: